Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Baby Room Letters

Finally getting around to a project post!!! These letters have driven me insane for awhile. Simply because I wanted them finished before baby E was born in July... and it's now February... better late than never, right?

So I had the idea of making letters for E's room, thinking it would be a quick project. But I got caught up in work, baby and everything else and these got put on the back burner for awhile. Now that I have work off my plate, I finally got them finished. Did they turn out exactly as I pictured? Not quite. Am I super excited they're done? Definitely!

I started with plain white letters I got on sale at a craft store (can't remember if it was Hobby Lobby or Michaels).


I thought they might look small on the wall, so I wanted to attach each to a canvas.


Using baby's bedding as inspiration...


...I drew out an idea of how I wanted to paint each canvas.



And then I started painting...





And then I took a few months hiatus, where they sat in this spot on a table up until a few weeks ago. After finishing the canvases, I painted the edges of the letters before attaching them with non-toxic craft glue. I also used a few adhesive stickies on the backs just to make sure they didn't fall off.

I am soo glad to see them done and finally up on the wall!


I think they look small in the picture, but it does take up a nice chunk of wall space. And I think the colors turned out great -- for some reason, the A is my favorite.



I think for the next kid, we're going with a vinyl wall decal ;).


Linking up to this fabulous party:

Positively Splendid

UndertheTableandDreaming


6 comments:

Wendy said...

They turned out great and love the color scheme!!

Katie said...

Thanks Wendy! :)

THE FARMHOUSE PORCH said...

What a creative and beautiful idea! Thank you so much for linking up with the Cowgirl up! Linky party. We love looking through each post. We hope you'll link up with us again next week!
♥Linsey

Katie said...

Thanks Linsey!

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Hi! I pinned this on Pinterest and featured here. Thanks for joining Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :) Please feel free to grab the feature button.

Katie said...

Thanks SJ!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...