Finally getting around to a project post!!! These letters have driven me insane for awhile. Simply because I wanted them finished before baby E was born in July... and it's now February... better late than never, right?
So I had the idea of making letters for E's room, thinking it would be a quick project. But I got caught up in work, baby and everything else and these got put on the back burner for awhile. Now that I have work off my plate, I finally got them finished. Did they turn out exactly as I pictured? Not quite. Am I super excited they're done? Definitely!
I started with plain white letters I got on sale at a craft store (can't remember if it was Hobby Lobby or Michaels).
I thought they might look small on the wall, so I wanted to attach each to a canvas.
Using baby's bedding as inspiration...
...I drew out an idea of how I wanted to paint each canvas.
And then I started painting...
And then I took a few months hiatus, where they sat in this spot on a table up until a few weeks ago. After finishing the canvases, I painted the edges of the letters before attaching them with non-toxic craft glue. I also used a few adhesive stickies on the backs just to make sure they didn't fall off.
I am soo glad to see them done and finally up on the wall!
I think they look small in the picture, but it does take up a nice chunk of wall space. And I think the colors turned out great -- for some reason, the A is my favorite.
I think for the next kid, we're going with a vinyl wall decal ;).