Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

Zebra Tissue Mirror

I'm apologizing ahead of time for any errors or weird phrases in this post. I'm writing this while watching the Rangers attempt to beat the Yankees in Game 3. So yeah, I'm a little distracted!

Anyway, while J was at his cousin's building a deer blind yesterday, I had a super girly day of chick flicks, chocolate and craftiness. I picked up a few things at Michael's, including a small unfinished mirror ($2.99) and a pack of zebra tissues from the $1 bin.


You know where this is going, right? Yep, time for some Modge Podging!


I painted the frame dark brown using some leftover paint samples, then tore the tissues into strips. I must say that it was very therapeutic. :)


I applied the strips...


Then applied a top coat of Podge to help stiffen the tissue.


Best thing about this type of project? It's {fairly} quick, and gave me several ideas for bigger projects.


It probably wouldn't have taken as long to make if I wasn't distracted by Channing Tatum's chiseled... ahem, anyway, not bad for four bucks!



Linking up to these fabulous parties:

12 comments:

. said...

I love it!! I'm usually a leopard print gal myself...but now I'm kind of feeling the zebra! ;)

Claire Kiefer said...

Awesome! I feel like every time I go to Michaels, there are a thousand new things I could make . . . oh for the time!

Roeshel said...

Another great idea, Katie! It turned out so cool! I like just a hint of zebra pattern - this is perfect! ;)

Thanks for sharing your creativity in the DIY Project Parade!

Happy fall!

Roeshel

Melissa Blake said...

that mirror is awesome!

Ash said...

Love this idea! My SIL got married this summer and had a zebra theme/color scheme. I have been looking for a cute handmade gift to give to her, this would be perfect. Thanks for sharing.

this free bird said...

okay seriously that.is.awesome.

and it looks terrific just sitting there on the end table! yes!!

xoxo,
carrie

Unknown said...

I.Love.This.

I love anything animal print really, but this is so cute! Gives me so many ideas! Thanks for sharing!

Reunion Committee said...

ok THAT is cool! And Im a Phillies fan so GOOD LUCK!!!! lol
~Tana

Lisa said...

Cute idea! I love animal print! I would have never thought of using tissue!

Michaela said...

How cute is this?! I love it! Zebra is my favorite in small doses like that (:

LIFE BRANDED said...

You seemed to have a perfect spot for a cute little zebra!

jackie fo said...

Looks really cool! Thanks for sharing :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...