Pages

Friday, May 21, 2010

From Bedroom to Retreat - Slowly!

After we moved in, the only things we changed in our master bedroom were the door knobs and the light fixture. So last fall, while J was out of town, I decided it was time to finally paint. I didn't think to take a true "before" picture until I'd started moving furniture --


For the paint, I color matched a sample I had and loved it. But, when I went to Lowe's at the last minute before they closed, they couldn't figure out the ratio and ended up color-matching the color match. Do you know where this is going?

Yeah, so at midnight when I started painting, I got half a wall done before bursting into tears. The color I wanted was more of a brownish-grey. The one I got? Definitely all grey and no brown. Now, though, I like it. It's actually quite calming in the mornings when the sun shines through. And it looks great with just about any color.


I just love how kitty likes to be in every picture. Anyway, the real reason for this post? I finally found a spot for my wrought iron beauty.


Yeah, I think we hung it a tad high. Oops! Because it's soo heavy, we had to use anchors ... which equals big holes ... which means it's staying put for awhile. But I do love how the swirls compliment the swirls in this pillow I found at Pier 1.


I'm hoping to find curtains and new lamps soon, maybe a new bed frame. And maybe convince J to hang some crown molding? Definitely! ;)


Linking to the fabulous parties:

16 comments:

Silver Strands said...

Katie, that is really, really nice! I'm always a little afraid of painting ... but when I see your work, I'm a bit encouraged.
Have a great weekend!
oxoxoxx
Denalee

Wendy said...

You've been busy!! When reading I felt your pain when you talked about putting the wall color up and it not being what you thought! I must say I love the color and it looks great with your piece of iron art!! Liking the swirly details in the pillows!! It all goes together nicely!! Great job!
Hope you have a relaxing weekend :)
Wendy

Debbiedoos said...

I love the color...oh and that pillow I really love, so my style!~ Glad you became a follower....I look forward to meeting some more of you.

Tina said...

Stopping by from Funky Junk Interiors and I love your mini makeover. I did a surprise bedroom makeover for my husband while he was traveling for work.
Come over and check it out!

http://ttbowtique.blogspot.com/2010/03/how-to-surprise-your-husband.html

Katie said...

Thanks so much, ladies!!

And Tina, that DID turn out great!

KimMalk said...

I can imagine your disappointment with the color. I'm glad you like it, gray is so in style, now. I love your swirly above the bed - wish I had one. I've been to our ReStore once and there was nuthin there.

Katie said...

I do like the color! and your wrought iron piece!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Fabulous color! Love the fabric pillows - gorgeous! The iron work piece is perfect for the space. Love it! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend! ~ Stephanie Lynn

Katie said...

Yeah, the ReStore can definitely be hit or miss -- guess that's the draw that keeps be going back! :)

Nancy's Notes said...

Katie, great job with the re-do!! Love the entire look!!

Happy I found your blog, it's great!

Nancy

Diary of a Young Designer said...

My gosh the place looks awesome! Adoring the cushions!

xo
Sophie

Rhianna said...

I would never have thought of grey for a wall colour, but it looks great in your place, totally love the wrought iron piece.

Rhianna, stopping by from
wyldestone cottage

Rory from Tools Are For Women Too! said...

Nice project. I would love it if you would link this up in Modern Craftswoman Monday. Very well done. Rory

Anna Margaret said...

Katie
Your retreat is coming out lovely -
the iron piece you chose is great -
I love iron and I love swirls.
Crown molding a must!
Thanks for sharing!

Katie said...

Thanks ladies!!

And Rory, I'm guessing I waited too long to join your linky party, but will definitely join this coming Monday!! Thanks so much!

Olivia said...

Your room is beautiful and I love the iron piece! Oh la la! The pillows are very funky and eye catching! Stop by and say hi when you get a chance..
hugs,
olivia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...