Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Footprint Heart Keepsake

My extremely creative friend Brit put together a Valentine's craft at our last playdate. She painted each of the babies' feet, and stamped them on scrapbook paper in the shape of a heart.



We started decorating but the kiddos started getting fussy for naptime so we took them home to finish. I did manage to cut the heart shape and glue to another piece of scrapbook paper.


I was originally going to turn it into a Valentine's card for J, but he saw it before I could finish it. So, I decided on a keepsake for baby's room (and, later, his baby book). I dug out all of my craft stuff and finished it off with stuff I already had, like adding the ribbon to the bottom, bronze brads in each corner, and a sticker quote.



I also marked the occasion on the top of the heart, with his name, first V Day and age. Of course, I'll be confused later in life when I look back at this, since he was 6 months when he did the heart, but he turned seven months last Saturday. Ohwell!


I then attached ribbon to the back...


...and was going to hang it in his room. But, to spare another nail hole in his wall, I hung it on his door instead.



Cute, huh? Happy Valentine's Day!

Linking up to this fabulous party:


4 comments:

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

Precious! My daughter is sweet enough to sent "footprint" or "hand" art at most holidays. I'm going to have to tell her about your heart!! I have a whole box of these treasured little arts. ;) blessings ~ Tanna

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

Oh that is so cute! What a sweet, sweet idea! :)

Katie said...

Thanks guys! :)

InteriorGroupie said...

Just came across your blog - now following! This is the cutest little love craft. Adorable :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...