Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

WIWW: Stay-at-home Mom Edition

So it's been awhile since I posted for "What I Wore Wednesday" -- created by the lovely Lindsey at the Pleated Poppy. But I figured this is the perfect time to start up again. After much soul-searching, financial calculating and a horrifying daycare experience, J and I decided that I should quit my job and stay home with baby E. I was elated and terrified!

While I'm going to miss my work peeps, I love having this opportunity to soak in every moment with Easton. It's only been a week, but I can already tell some bad habits are setting in. Like not showering. And wearing hoodies and slippers. What Not to Wear would have a field day.

At least before I had the excuse of working from home while taking care of a squirmy baby {conference calls + crying baby = stressed out momma who didn't have time to even think about what she was wearing}. But now? No excuses really, just haven't found the urge to put in a lot of effort. Which is fine on some days. But what happens if it snowballs into weeks? Months? Years? I want to take pride in how I look, set a good example for Easton, and be the hot momma J dreams about.

It really does help to have accountability in these WIWW posts. And, it's fun -- it helps me take a second look at my closet, and I find fun ideas from other WIWW posters. With being a stay-at-home momma and all, buying new stuff isn't exactly a top priority for our budget right now. Will be interesting to see just how far I can stretch my closet -- and adds another ounce of motivation to keep dropping the baby weight.

playing with baby

North Face hoodie ~ Sports Authority
grey sweats ~ Kohls

cleaning house

old work tee
old Seven jeans ~ Nordstrom
grey slippers ~ Target

lunch date

sequin tank ~ Target
striped cardi ~ PacSun
jeans ~ Target
boots ~ Target

running errands

brown hoodie ~ Estes Park, CO
same Target jeans
fuzzy boots ~ Burlington Coat Factory


Wow, I looked worse than I remembered! Ohwell. Just know that -- hopefully -- this next week will look better. And, hopefully, I'll finally get into the eye doctor so I can swap the glasses for new contacts!

3 comments:

April said...

Oh this will totally be me after my baby is born. But, it is completely understandable! Like I said in my post, I think if we have one day where our goal is to try, then maybe it will help us feel better! Thanks for stopping by!

Frugal Jen said...

Reading your post I had to smile. I enjoy reading your WIWW posts and always thought I miss dressing cute for work. I'm a stay at home mom and former stylish dresser.

I do however force myself to get "dressed" at least 3 times a week. Most days I wear my workout clothes all day even if I don't hit the gym.

Enjoy this wonderful time with your baby! It's such a blessing to stay at home.

Keri said...

I love days with nothing on the calendar because it means Momma doesn't have to get dressed. HA! You are cute...even in your sweats! And I see no weight that needs to come off.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...