But, it's not always easy to do that when you want to save money -- a daily outing can add up quickly. So, here's a few of the ways baby and I like to spend the day... without spending a dime (except, of course, for gas):
- Feed ducks at the park, using whatever stale bread or crackers you have at home
- Hang out at the library and let baby stare at the other kids... or beat books against the table.
- Set up a play date with friends who have babies similar in age.
- Go to Cabelas and visit the fish tank -- baby will be mesmerized for hours... and it's free!
- Dress baby up super cute (and I mean SUPER cute), take him into any store, and let him squeal & smile at every person that stops to talk to him. After the 20th person, he'll be worn out and ready to nap all the way home.
- Walk the mall, provided you can skip the good sales and bypass the uber-good smelling pretzels. Combine this and #5, and you've got a winner!
- Go to a dog park and watch the pups from outside the fence. Granted, if your baby doesn't like dogs, this might not be the best idea...
- Take a walk around the neighborhood. Or, load up the stroller and take a walk around a new neighborhood. Never know when you'll discover a new park.
- And, if all else fails, lay out a blanket in the backyard. When he gets bored looking at the trees, lay down a magazine for him to rip up. Holy moly, he'll stay so entertained, he'll forget about his dirty diaper.
Of course, I'm sure there are a million ideas on Pinterest that I have yet to explore. What are / were some of your favorites?