Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

Wish List: Dining Room Chandelier

When I mentioned my dining room a few days ago, several of you suggested painting the existing light fixture. Such a great idea, and I SO wish it were that easy. But, we have 20+ ft ceilings and, well, I'm not quite ready to cash in J's life insurance yet {only joking -- I hope I never have to!}. There's just so much potential for this space...


We've been shopping for new light fixtures since we moved in two years ago. I know, I know, but we're so completely indecisive it makes it hard to ever pick anything. Doesn't help when I know that we can't just buy it, throw it up there and return it if I don't like it. Having the added headache {and expense!} of hiring an electrician to install somehow makes it all the more final and permanent. Which equals daunting and scary.

But I've fallen in love. And I've been drooling over this chandelier from Potterybarn for awhile now...


But I just can't fork over $299 {+ tax & shipping} for it. {sigh} And then, I found this at Overstock.com...


And for $185! The price is getting better, folks. But is it worth it? Or should I keep looking?

7 comments:

Wendy said...

What a beautiful space! I love the chandy you picked and even more awesome that you found it for less!! Good luck on your decision!!
Wendy

Dina's Days said...

Hi Katie, you won the wristlet! Please e-mail me your information!

Katie said...

Thanks Wendy!

And Dina, that's awesome!! So exciting -- let me know if you don't get my info ...

Stiene Saenen said...

wow I'm in love with the chandeliers!

Sarah said...

Hey, they look exactly the same! I say do it! $185 for a cool chandelier is totally decent.

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

I say paint and decorate the one you have for now. :) it would look a lot better painted!
gail

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I think $185 us is a pretty darn good deal. And it's gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...