Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Baby Room Progress

So, I think I've posted the "before" picture of our baby room. Just incase you missed it...


A.k.a., the junk room. So awful, it's almost embarrassing! After a garage sale, freecycling and just plain organizing, it's now this:


My parents were awesome enough to buy us the crib, and we bought the chocolate brown glider (most. comfortable. thing. ever.). Not sure what I'm doing with the white letters on the floor yet, but they were a Hobby Lobby clearance that I couldn't pass up.

And I never thought it would be hard to shop for baby boy stuff, but trying to find bedding that wasn't themed and not too girlie was exhausting. Finally found a set online at Target, and I just love the colors and patterns:


J started on the moulding for the room last night, so I'll post that once it's done. Now I just need to pick a paint color...


...the samples are starting to multiply like rabbits!


Linking up to these fabulous parties:

6 comments:

Holli said...

My master bedroom has sample spots all over it too! LOL

the southern hostess said...

Choosing paint is the hardest! Everything looks so cute already!

Unknown said...

Hi Katie! Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog! I LOVE the boy bedding you've chosen! Hobby Has soms really cute boy pictures in those same blues/ browns/and greens...and they're 50% off this week! If you're looking for wall stuff you should check it out :)

Katie said...

Awesome, thanks for the tip, Lisa!! :)

the workaholic momma said...

I LOVE the boy bedding you picked out!!! There really is not much to choose from for little boys - I lucked out and had a little girl but I remember looking before we knew and I was so puzzled as to what to do if it was a boy!!! Good luck with the paint choices - we tried to go with a color (we ended up with gray) that was soothing and could easily be used with blue so when we have our next we won't have to repaint.

Christina said...

Looks nice. I feel your pain when it comes to finding "un-themed" bedding for a little boy. My 1st son was a boy and it was the hardest part of the room! Expecting our 2nd Nov. 4th! Should find out in about 5 weeks if it will be a girl or a boy! :) Lookng forward to working on another nursery!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...