Pages

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Simple Shoe Organization

I am on a mission to get this house #organized. Or, at least, clear some of the chaos so that it doesn't look like an episode of "Hoarders" in here. I was going to wait and do one big post of organization projects, but two things came to mind: (1) It would be about 50 pages long; (2) It would take ten years before I got everything done and actually got around to posting it. 

So, I thought I'd post small projects & ideas as I go along. Pinterest is such an amazing tool for this kind of stuff, too. There is an idea for just about everything, and I always seem to wonder why the heck I never thought of it. 

I have some amazingly organized friends as well. This idea for shoe storage came from one of them as I was drooling over her pristine closet. Another "why didn't I think of that?" moment for sure! The Container Store has amazing shoe boxes for less than two bucks each, and maybe IKEA even has some cheaper. But they are awesome none the less! They stack easily yet still allow you to see what's in them: 



Unfortunately I don't have a before picture, but imagine every shoe in these containers on the floor. Seriously. 

I also bought boot boxes that stack up nicely, though I do still keep my "every day" shoes within easy slip-on access on the floor. I also love how the boxes keep them from getting dusty or scuffed, and I'm never without a matching shoe. {Am I the only one who has these issues?} 

Pretty simple, huh? 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...