Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

There's No Place Like Home

We have a spare bedroom that has become quite the catch-all room. From the weight machine {aka, dust collector} to boxes of photos that I've been trying to organize for months, to clothes I can't find a place for to other odds & ends that I love but I'm not quite sure what to do with -- this room has become one where I just shut the door and forget about it for weeks.

Until this morning, when I went searching for a couple of books. As I started looking around, I realized how much I actually enjoy the things in there, and how many memories are attached to each object. Later, as I was dreaming about what color to paint our spare bathroom, I started looking at the tulip wall hanging I have up.


Sure, I bought it from Target six years ago, but it was hung in my first apartment, then in our first home after we got married, and now in our current house. I just love the clean, creamy color. And tulips? My favorite.

Sometimes I get soo caught up in the lovely things in stores and magazines, that I forget about some of my favorite things right here at home. Some that I've bought over the years, some that were gifts, others that were inherited from family.

So, I thought I would start sharing some of those things from time to time. As the old saying goes, "There's no place like home"!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Katie, You are so right! The picture is so pretty and the memories tied to it are great! I love how there are those few special things that bring back great memories...takes you to another place or time!
Wendy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...